Begun in the 1980's out of a desire to help one family with a terminally ill child, the TENDER WISHES FOUNDATION has grown to seek out and grant wishes to children in the Niagara Region who suffer from a potentially life-threatening illness.
The objectives of the FOUNDATION are:
a) To provide assistance in granting requests to and arranging special events and outings for persons under the age of eighteen (18) who have been diagnosed by a qualified medical practitioner as having a potentially life-threatening illness.
b) To receive and administer monies for the advancement of the objectives of the FOUNDATION.
Through the efforts of TENDER WISHES, many families have been able to cherish happy memories. Each year the number of wishes grows. They range from trips to Disneyworld, home entertainment units, attending sporting events, meeting a celebrity or hero, to home renovations done to the home to make life a little more comfortable for their child. The wishes are as varied as the child. In general, TENDER WISHES strives to make the child's wish, in consultation with their parents, come true!
1. We are based in Niagara Falls, Ontario and serve the entire Regional Municipality of Niagara.
2. We have NO paid staff. All our members are Volunteers.
3. We are NOT affiliated with any national or international wish-granting organization.
4. We receive NO Government Grants
5. Once a wish is granted, contact is maintained with the child and their family
through annual events such as our Summer Picnic, Parades and our Wish
Children's Christmas Party.